- American Association for the Advancement of Science (2013). Describing & measuring undergraduate STEM teaching practices.
- Dolan, E. L. (2018). CBE—Life Sciences Education: the story of a "great journal scientists might be caught reading". Molecular biology of the cell .
- Dolan, E. L., Elliott, S. L., Henderson, C., Curran-Everett, D., St. John, K., & Ortiz, P. A. (2017). Evaluating discipline-based education research for promotion and tenure. Innovative Higher Education.
- Leshner, A. & Scherer, L. Graduate STEM education for the 21st century. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- Rosenberg, M. B., Hilton, M. L., & Dibner, K. A. (Eds.). (2017). Indicators for monitoring undergraduate STEM education. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- Singer, S. R., Nielsen, N. R., & Schweingruber, H. A. (2012). Discipline-based education research: Understanding and improving learning in undergraduate science and engineering. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
Chemistry Education Research
- Cooper, M. M. & Stowe, R. L. (2018). Chemistry education research: From personal empiricism to evidence, theory, and informed practice. Chemical Reviews.