- Levers for Change: An assessment of progress on changing STEM instruction
- Gentile, J., Brenner, K., & Stephens, A. (2017). Undergraduate research experiences for STEM students: Successes, challenges, and opportunities. Washington, DC, National Academies Press.
- Malcolm, S., & Feder, M. (Eds.). (2016). Barriers and opportunities for 2-Year and 4-Year STEM degrees: Systemic change to support students' diverse pathways. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine. (2017). Fostering integrity in research. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, & Institute of Medicine. (2011). Expanding underrepresented minority participation: America's science and technology talent at the crossroads. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- National Science Foundation. (2018). Science & Engineering Indicators 2018. Washington, DC.
- President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology. (2012). Engage to excel: Producing one million additional college graduates with degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Washington DC: Executive Office of the President of the United States.